What You Need To Know...
Simplify monomials and monomial expressions using the laws of exponents.
- The benchmark will be assessed using MC (Multiple Choice ) and FR (Fill in Response) items.
- All exponents will be integers.
- Items must have a variable base and may have a numerical base.
- Items may have no more than 3 variables.
- Items may use negative exponents.
The expression (m6n5q3)2 is equivalent to which of the following?
Mina simplified the expression shown below.
Her final answer was in the form ambn. If she simplified the expression correctly, what is the value of n, the exponent of b ?