What You Need To Know...
Circumference, arc length, and areas of circles and sectors.
- The benchmark will be assessed using MC (Multiple Choice) and FR (Fill in Response) items.
- All angle measurements will be in degrees.
- Formal or informal proofs completions may be required.
- Items may include references to circumference, radius, diameter, arc, arc length, chord, secant, tangent and concentric circles.
- Items may include central angles, inscribed angles and intersections of secants and tangents.
Allison created an embroidery design of a stylized star emblem. The perimeter of the design is made by alternating semicircle and quarter-circle arcs. Each arc is formed from a circle with a 2½-inch diameter. There are 4 semicircle and 4 quarter-circle arcs, as shown in the diagram below.
To the nearest whole inch, what is the perimeter of Allison's design?
- 15 inches
- 20 inches
- 24 inches
- 31 inches
Kayla inscribed kite ABCD in a circle, as shown below.
If the measure of arc ADC is 255° in Kayla's design, what is the measure, in degrees, of ∠ ADC?