What You Need to Know:
Student Reading Review for SS.7.C.4.1
Differentiate concepts related to U.S. domestic and foreign policy.
- Students will recognize the difference between domestic and foreign policy. Read more!
- Students will identify issues that relate to U.S. domestic and foreign policy. Read more!
- Students will analyze the domestic implications of U.S. domestic and foreign policy. Read more!
- Students will identify the goals and objectives of U.S. domestic and foreign policy. Read more!
- Students will recognize the role of the U.S. State Department in foreign affairs. Read more!
Example One (Low Complexity)
What is a responsibility of the U.S. Senate in foreign policy?
A. nominating ambassadors
B. introducing tax bills
C. negotiating treaties
D. ratifying treaties
Example Two (Moderate Complexity)
Which action is an example of a foreign-policy decision?
A. Congress increased providing support to newly arrived immigrants.
B. The president requested a law to regulate pollution near international borders.
C. Congress raised educational standards to make students competitive in a global market.
D. The president signed an executive order restoring relations with a communist government.
Example Three (High Complexity)
Below is a graph about high school graduation rates in the United States.
Which long term domestic policy goal is reflected in the graph?
A. career preparation
B. physical fitness
C. racial equality
D. public safety
C.4.1 - Vocabulary