STUDENT VOLUNTARY & ATHLETIC INSURANCE PROGRAMS
STUDENT VOLUNTARY INSURANCE PROGRAM
If you would like to purchase an accident insurance policy to cover your school age child please click on the link below to find out more and please read the Letter to Parents.
- Letter to Parents
- Student Accident Insurance Flyer (Printable Version)
The School District is not responsible for medical expenses related to accidental student injuries.
EXCESS BLANKET ATHLETIC INSURANCE PROGRAM
- Superintendent’s Letter to Middle School Parents (Link)
- Superintendent’s Letter to High School Parents (Link)
When do you need this?
If your child is injured in practice, a game, or tryouts for a District or Florida High School Activities Association (FHSAA) sanctioned extra-curricular athletic activities only.
- Used as a “secondary” insurance to existing medical insurance coverage
- Used as a “primary” insurance if no medical insurance exists.
- While this coverage is paid for by the School District it is a requirement for ANY student who participates in extra-curricular athletic activities to have medical insurance coverage.
The School District shall not be responsible for costs of treating injuries or assume liability for any other costs associated with an injury while participating in extra-curricular athletic activities including, but not limited to, out-of-pocket medical expenses.