Professional Application Process
The School District of Escambia County requires that you submit all of the following documentation before you may be interviewed for any Professional position:
1. A completed online application
2. Official College/University Transcripts from all institutions that you have attended
3. Three professional references (you will list the names of your references in the online application – the reference forms may be downloaded and must come from the persons that you have listed)
4. Copies of any valid State teaching certificate and/or Statements of Eligibility and/or copies of applicable licenses/certificates
5. A current resume
Please send your resume to the Instructional Human Resource Department via mail to:
The School District of Escambia County
75 N. Pace Blvd.
Pensacola, FL 32505
HOW TO APPLY FOR SPECIFIC POSITIONS:
Each time that you wish to apply for a specific vacancy, you will need to
1) Login to your application
2) Click “Employment Preferences.” (on the left side of the screen)
3) Click “Continue”
4) Click “Add Position.”
5) You will see a drop down box (No Selection), open and click on the specific job for which you wish to apply.
6) Click “Continue” and it will return you to the previous screen and show you that it has been added to your file. If there are other jobs for which you wish to apply, repeat steps 4-6.
7) Click on “Agreement”, Type “Yes” and “Continue.”
8) Click on “Submit.”
NEW EMPLOYEES TO THE DISTRICT WILL BE REQUIRED TO:
1. provide a copy of your Driver’s License
2. provide a copy of your Social Security card which reflects your correct name
3. provide a copy of your DD-214 (if applicable)
4. be fingerprinted and undergo a criminal history background check
($55 processing fee payable by check or money order only)
5. submit to a pre-employment Drug Screening Test (fee paid by District)
6. make application for a Florida Educator’s Certificate if applicable ($56.00 per subject area)
7. complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9) and provide documentation of your identity and authorization to work if you are not a U.S. citizen
If you have questions regarding the application process, you may email Nell McElhaney at email@example.com or contact her by telephone at (850) 469-6281. This information can also be accessed at the on the Escambia County School District Employment Portal.
Speech Language Pathologist-Job Description
Online Application-Click here to access Escambia County School District Online Application System
Reference Forms-Three completed reference forms are required. Please complete the top section of the reference form and submit one form to each of the references listed on your application. Your references will need to submit the completed form directly to Escambia County School District
Benefits-Information regarding Eligibility/Enrollment, Health Insurance,Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Long Term Care, Life/AD&D Insurance, Mental Health/EAP, Wellness Programs, Flexible Spending Accounts, Florida Retirement System (FRS)/Pension as well as Premiums can be found here.
Pay Scale - SLPs are paid on the 10 Month Professional Pay scale at a Grade 5. A supplement of $2500 is added to the base pay for applicants holding Master's degree. Steps may be awarded based upon years of documented experience at the discretion of the Human Resources Department. The 2011-2012 Professional Pay Scale is linked here. Be sure to scroll down to the page that reflects 10-Month Annual Base Scale