Skip to main content

Military Families

Welcome to Escambia County, Military Families!

We are delighted to welcome you to Escambia County Public Schools, serving over 37,000 students, of which over 3,000 are military-connected. With myriad schooling options, services, and resources to meet the diverse needs of all learners, our district is an excellent choice for your family. We hope you find the resources on this page valuable, no matter where you are along your military journey. 

Transitioning to the Area?

Are you transitioning to Naval Air Station Pensacola with school-age children? Every address in our school district is served by one residentially-zoned elementary school, one residentially-zoned middle school, and one residentially-zoned high school. If you already know your address for the area, you can find your school zone NOW! Just click on the link on the left! If you're still house-hunting, our zoning maps to the left may prove invaluable.

If you are interested in enrolling your student in a school that you are not zoned for, reach out to Christopher McFarland in our Enrollment Services (School Choice) Office at (850) 469-5580 or Explore your options at

Did you just receive orders to the area? If you are a service member and have recently been issued active duty orders for the Pensacola area, you don't have to wait to move forward with registering your student for public school here in Escambia County! Once you have a copy of your orders, you'll simply ensure that our district has a record of your child through our online enrollment/registration site. Once a record of your child exists in our system, email the to the Enrollment Services (School Choice) Office at In the body of the email, please include the name of your student, his/her student ID number, and the school you are desiring to enroll him/her in. Be sure to attach a copy of your most recent active duty military orders. The Enrollment Services (School Choice) Office Office will typically reply within 24-48 hours of receiving your email.

How do I get my children into School?

Enrolling into our school system shouldn't be the toughest part of your transition to our area! Let us help you with our step-by-step guide!

Consider these key questions:

Does Escambia County Public Schools have a record of my child in its system?

What type of schooling am I seeking for my child?

Do I wish for my child to attend his/her residentially-zoned school, or do I wish to request for my child to attend another public school in that is not over-capacity?

Do I wish for my child to participate in full-time virtual school?

Do I wish to homeschool?

Do I wish for my child to attend a charter or private school?

Do I have all of the necessary documentation to officially register my child for school?

First, you may need to complete what we call the "online enrollment application" if your child has never received public school services in Escambia County Public Schools. If your child DOES already exist in our school district's student information system, please DO NOT create an additional record of your child. But if your child DOES NOT already exist in our system, go to our online enrollment application to begin the process.

Items you'll need to help you create a simple record of your child in our "online enrollment application": 

  • Emergency Contact Info

  • Health Insurance Info

  • Medical Info

After a simple record of your child exists in our system, you'll need a few more items to officially register your child at his/her residentially-zoned school (the designated elementary, middle, or high school that serves your address).

Documents you'll need to have with you in order to register at the school (Click here to download the Enrollment Checklist.):

  • Proof of Address (Any ONE of the following will suffice):
    • a current utility bill—either water, electricity, or gas (These are the most commonly used proofs of residence.)
    • a copy of a signed lease or housing agreement. (If your family is staying with another family and consequently does not have proof of address in your name, the head of the family that you are staying with can complete the address verification form and attach one of the aforementioned proofs of residence to the notarized address verification form.)
    • if residing in temporary housing (such as the Navy Lodge, etc.), a copy of the most recent bill/invoice/receipt
  • Recent Physical (within the past 12 months)
  • Current Immunization Records
  • Verification of Age (most commonly, an authorized copy of the child’s official birth certificate)
  • Social Security Number (if applicable)
  • State- or Government-Issued Photo ID of the parent/guardian enrolling the child

Schooling Options

If you wish for your child to attend a public school that is not over-capacity and that he/she is not zoned for, you'll need to go through our Enrollment Services (School Choice) Office.

If you intend to homeschool your child, connect with our Enrollment Services (School Choice) Office to file your letter of intent to homeschool. 

If you wish for your child to enroll in full-time virtual school, please connect with Escambia Virtual Academy.

If you are interested in a charter or private school for your child, please connect directly with the charter school(s) you are considering, as each establishes different enrollment requirements/timelines. Our district's Alternative Education department maintains a Charter Schools website with contact information for your convenience.

What's for Lunch?  

Curious about what's on the menu? Check out our Food Services website for up-to-date menus for your child's school.

Many of our Escambia County Public Schools serve free breakfast AND lunch to ALL students as part of a federally-funded program! For 2022-2023, those schools are:

Bailey Middle
Bellview Elementary
Bellview Middle
Beulah Middle
Bratt Elementary
Brentwood Elementary
C.A. Weis Elementary
Ensley Elementary
Ernest Ward Middle
Escambia High
Ferry Pass Elementary
Ferry Pass Middle
Global Learning Academy
Holm Elementary
Jim Allen Elementary
Lincoln Park Elementary
Lipscomb Elementary
Longleaf Elementary
McArthur Elementary
Molino Park Elementary
Montclair Elementary
Myrtle Grove Elementary
Navy Point Elementary
Northview High
Oakcrest Elementary
Pensacola High
Pine Forest High
Pine Meadow Elementary
Pleasant Grove Elementary
Scenic Heights Elementary
O.J. Semmes Elementary
Sherwood Elementary
Warrington Elementary
Warrington Middle
Washington High
West Pensacola Elementary
Workman Middle

If your children attend public schools not on this list, your family may still qualify for free/reduced-price lunch. Please submit a free/reduced-price lunch application online as soon as possible.

Do you have questions?

Contact Monica Willis, Escambia County Public Schools Military Liaison. 

What's on your mind?

The Joint Military Council for Educational Excellence strives to improve educational services and communication between  Escambia County Public Schools and military families. The Council is always seeking parent input to focus the Council's work on key issues. Send questions and comments to to share them with the council.

You can also livestream the Council's quarterly meetings from anywhere! Visit the Military Council web page for more info.

Help Make This Site Better

Do you have suggestions on how to improve this site for our military families? Send your feedback to Monica Willis, who maintains this site, at